Thursday, February 03, 2011

passport to adventure

this is my passport picture from when i was 7, taken in 1985.

a few things have changed, namely that i don't wear flower applique on my clothes anymore (or sailor collars, or crepe dresses with white tights). my skin was poreless and tan,that was nice. i guess now i can smile showing teeth since i'm no longer missing any. i think i was kind of an androgynous looking kid, take away the flower and lop a few more inches off my hair (i would forego the rest of my life goals if i could still wear this style successfully) and i could pass for a boy. and not even a girly boy. a boy boy. yd said i looked like a japanese boy in little league. tokyo tigers!

i got the passport to spend the summer with family in korea. that was really fun, our grandparents gave us money every day for ice cream and i got really good at pull ups. i think that was the summer that paul's body started to catch up with his thighs, that was good. and i remember being jealous that ruth could run faster than me.

1 comment:

Mt. Marcy said...

You were so, so cute! I wish I knew what you were thinking in this picture.