Thursday, June 12, 2008

you, me, outside.

in about three weeks, the lsat will be over, my brother will be married and i will be well into what could be the biggest mistake of my life: hiking. marcy and i decided to take a trip as our last adventure before she heads to law school. somehow, rather than choosing to rent a bungalow in st. barth's, we decided that backpacking along the colorado trail for a week was the best course of action. in total, i have slept outside for .5 nights. i am not what you would call the "outdoor type". i am lucky if i have a can of bug spray to my name. fortunate for me, marcy has two or three of everything wilderness/outdoor/roughing it related. lately, random questions have been arising, like, where do i poop? under a rock, marcy says. what if someone has already pooped there? gross. how do i wash my face? she likes to use tea bags as an astringent. yeah. what about bradley? can he come? no, that would be a long and painful death. got it. upon deplaning, will i be forced to wear a hemp necklace with a spiritual looking charm?

i do think it will be fun. a friend who we plan to meet in vail said "i think you are going to discover a whole new revekah". hopefully the new revekah will have an affinity towards cropped vests made from wolf hide. oh mon dieu, wilderness chic!

well i'm sure we'll have pictures. wish me luck on monday, i'm taking my test. i have go to college station. yeah, remind me to pack tins of copenhagen to bribe the proctor for extra pencils.

No comments: