Sunday, June 01, 2008

my fair ladies who lunch

i change my style, my hair, my favorite color, even my vernacular with a monomaniacal regularity. or so i thought. it was to my alarm and amazement (and horror) when i received my new license (another story, dramatic but not very interesting, so the exclusion on the blog) and my hair is the same now as it was then. that was three years ago. this new hairstyle, well, the new bangs addition, was supposed to be so fresh, so prep school girl meets joni mitchell, but i think about the last time i cut bangs and that was supposed to have been pre-gentrified my fair lady meets the ramones.

so i'm feeling a little bit cliche. and at the same time, maybe i'm hitting my sartorial and aesthetic stride. maybe same is the new new.

tonight marcy and i watched sex and the city. we tried for a pre-viewing dvd marathon; marcy came up one and a half seasons short, i had two seasons left. there is one very electrifying scene, which i certainly did not expect, and it had me reeling through the rest of the movie. i don't think i even paid attention to the rest of it, and it happened toward the beginning. so, if we talk about it, i can recall, with some acumen, the first 25 minutes and for the rest of the discussion i will try to be polite and nod. i wish that big, steve and smith played a bigger part and i wish it was funnier, quippier, like the show. the fashion did not disappoint. i'm not sure how many people recognized patrick demarchalier or andre leon talley or even plum sykes; but i guess that's not the point.

it was good to see old friends again.

No comments: