Wednesday, March 13, 2013

see world

this is a picture of us at sea world, my dad took the picture. i think we were leaving and i wanted to buy food to feed the seals and my dad said no. i guess that's why my face looks like that. i think em's nose will look like that when she is about 7. isn't it amazing how much ruth looks like a modern hipster? white frame glasses, pleated shorts, peter pan collar, bangs above eyebrows. paul looks like a ____. i can't even explain, maybe a kid fresh off the boat from mongolia who was on a tour of the united states from west to east with his host family. he was surprised to arrive in the US and find that his host family looked kind of like him. the ill fitting neckline of his t shirt is awesome and i just wish we could see his feet, probably tube socks and some off brand of velcro-ed sneakers.
paul thanks for sending me this picture, hopefully you don't regret it.

2 comments:

a. said...

Paul almost looks like a mini-North Korean dictator. I think its the timeless eyeglass frames that sets the look...

Mt. Marcy said...

What a classic - I'm obsessed with this picture. I hope EM has that sweet nose!