Monday, March 09, 2009

the not so secret garden

to celebrate daylight savings time, i went on a bike ride at 545pm just because i could. standard time really drives me crazy. i think it makes me grumpy, gives me insomnia and makes me feel fat. during daylight savings time, you have enough light to read a short story by a window after work. you can go on a bike ride or a run and have sun on the drive home. daylight savings to me also means one thing. time to garden...this is my second season with the lemon tree, maybe we'll have fruit this time! i've already planted cilantro, dill and basil, and i'm eager to get my hands on salad greens, kale, cucumbers and cantaloupe (more herbs too). yes, marcy, i am going to try tomatoes again, although i don't have very high expectations...more to come...!

2 comments:

Swartz's Scribbles said...

Help me garden!

Mt. Marcy said...

Stick with the tiny tomatoes. Nothing bigger than a Roma. The big ones cannot take the Texas heat.