Wednesday, March 14, 2007

when i count to three...attack!

what is it about diamonds that seem to veer/divert the will of God?

an observation, living where i do, going to church where i do: single missionaries tend to overwhelmingly be women. sometimes it weirds me out because i wonder if they become missionaries because they don't want to be teachers or something. isn't that harsh? well, that's what i think sometimes. also, when some of these women start to date, God's will changes. they don't feel "called" to go anymore. i guess maybe God is calling them to live in hewitt in a david weekly home or something. . .it pisses me off because i think that being a missionary is a really big deal, not just a default or back up plan for an evangelical, charasmatic christian.

this sort of leads to a current snapshot of my faith. a person's belief in christ is ultimately completed by faith. yesterday, i felt sad because i wasn't sure if my own faith was an extension of being completely convinced, inspired and sold out for the cause of christ or whether it was because, to date, i haven't known anything more compelling. it reminds me of this churchill quote on government: "it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried." i don't want my faith to be my best option. i've just thought, lately, that God is so seamless and so cohesive and that i am not. that there is no way that i even have a small understanding of Him and that it's truly truly arrogant to think that i've got a better idea of eternity, of heaven, of the creator of the universe, just because of my religious affiliation.

enough of that crazy talk. in the last month, i have developed a very spectacular obsession with peanut butter and english muffins (exclusively and inclusively). i have commenced triathlon training which has left me wanting to conserve my energy outside of my training schedule. . .this is what it might look like: riding my bike for 45 miles (roughly 3 hours) and spending the next two hours in a down comforter cocoon. . .OR swimming a mile in the morning, taking a spin class in the afternoon and then fixing some jasmine tea, closing the door and spending enough time in the bath tub with epsom salts to go through 3 water changes. it's sort of weird, i feel very diametric. and i like it! having to shower twice a day? me no likey.

i have a very fantastic story about the bath tub. i would tell it right now but i am overwhelmed at how my paragraph transitions have been so smooth in this blog. i need a moment.

this post is dedicated to jg, jg, ss and mf. thanks for reading. . .sorry to be away.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time consuming blog;
Such a bother to update.
Pshaw! Let's ride our bikes!

Anonymous said...

No David Weekly home for me. No home for me at all. Love you, miss you, more than you know. So many things more than you know, but especially love and miss. Come soon.

Anonymous said...

miss you love you... want to talk to you soon...even if it's about nothing.

Anonymous said...

I have never had a blog dedication. Wow. Thank you.

You can borrow my nutella and organic toaster pastry if PB and english muffins ever get old.